Sunday, March 18, 2012

Swatch Wheels vs Swatcicles

Hi guys! How was everybodys weekend? Mine was awesome despite the weather. It was really cold and rainy all weekend where I live so I opted for a productive weekend inside. I actually got two major projects done this weeked: switching nail polish swatches from nail wheels to swatch sticks (also known as "swatcicles") and I also started on and completed about 80% of my nail room! It looks so beautiful. I'll blog about my nail room once it's completely done but today I want to show you the swatcicles I made.

Swatcicles and nail wheels both hold the same purpose; they allow you to easily see what a particular polish looks like on the nail before painting your own nails. Some polishes can look different in the bottle than it does on the nail so this is a convenient way to see their true colors so to speak. When my polish collection was fairly small, nail wheels were ideal and worked really well. However, as my collection has grown, so has the amount of nail wheel I've needed and they've just become a huge nuisance.

Swatcicles are much easier when you have a larger collection. It's easier to keep them organized by color, they aren't oddly shaped so storage isn't difficult and they're easier to swatch on than the nails wheels where the nails were so close together. As you can tell, I'm really loving my new swatcicles. :)

Here are the 'cicles I made this weekend. The styrofoam cups they are in are only temporary until I can decide how I want to store them or display them. I wasn't able to finish my entire collection but I made a huge dent! If you'd like to see a step by step on how I made these, I'd be happy to show you, just let me know!

-Amanda











8 comments:

  1. Wow that must've taken a long time! I'd be interested to see how you made them (I'm thinking hot glue gun?) and also where you get your supplies :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a few new swatches to make so I'll be video taping it and uploading it shortly!

      Delete
  2. Woah! That looks so cool! I'd love to know how you made these for sure! And the supplies you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find nail size all the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are all the same size. The nails I use are from Sally's. They are originally from the pack of nail wheels, but I snap them off the nail wheels and us them individually.

      Delete
  4. Did.you use all nails the same size?

    ReplyDelete