Thursday, August 2, 2012

ACID WASH NAILS!


Growing up I spent much of my time during summer break with my aunt. My dad worked long hours so my aunt would babysit my sister and I. I loved hanging out with my aunt. I have the fondest memories of swimming in her pool for hours or going to the local bowling alley and bowling. We were always doing something fun. One memory that sticks out the most though is scavaging through her closet with her. She had the most shoes I've ever seen anyone have before. All of them organized and stacked in labeled shoe boxes. And a closet packed to the gills with clothes. I was in awe. That is, until I feasted my eyes on the left side of her closet. ACID WASH. Lot's of it too! I remember thinking to myself, "Oh, this is so not okay. Who wears this stuff? We are NOT in the 80s anymore aunt Karen."

I didn't know then, that in 15+ years this trend would make a full circle.

While walking around the mall a week or so ago, I decided to check in at Forever21 and guess I what I saw?! Acid Wash EVERYTHING! Shorts, pants, jackets... in an ARRAY of colors too! I felt like a little girl again, back in my aunt closet. No joke. I couldn't help but laugh. Isn't it funny how trends work? 

I've never been big on the acid wash trend.. not then, not now. I just don't think I could pull it off. It makes too much of a statement for me to wear pants or shorts in this design. But, what I do like and can pull off are these acid wash nails. These I love.

 
 These nails were so fun to create and wear and the color options are endless. As usual, I'll post the tutorial on this manicure at the bottom of this post. I hope you all enjoyed this manicure and I'll see you all next time!
-Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment