Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DIY 3D VELVET/SWEATER NAILS!

The skies are truly the limit when it comes to nail art and in my eyes, the more creative the better. I thought I had seen it all with the caviar nails but I was mistaken. There truly are no boundaries when it comes to mixing creativity with nail art and today I prove this with, VELVET NAILs! That's right. Little sweaters for our nail beds to keep them warm for the upcoming fall and winter! Cute right?!


Here's my video showing you exactly how I did this manicure. So messy but so fun!
 

 Now, I know this nail art is not for everybody but I am smitten with it! I think this is absolutely adorable and I had to recreate it the moment I read about it in Vogue magazine! Who comes up with this stuff? It's insane.


 Although cute, this manicure does not last long at all. After a full day of wear and tear this manicure was ready to retire. I think it's perfect if you're going to a concert, or party or something where you only need this for one night. I actually am planning on wearing a deep red velvet nail to my husband's work's Christmas party. I love when my nails make a statement and I think this would do just that!


The removal of this manicure is easy too. I thought it would be hell like glitters are to remove but it was simple and the dye from the flocking powder didn't stain either, which I expected it to do. So, I'm curious to know what you guys think? Is this a manicure that you'd rock or are you going to pass on it? 

As usual, you can watch the video on how I did these velvet nails! I will talk to you all next time!
-Amanda




1 comment:

  1. it looks amazing! <3

    Greetings:
    Laura
    (beautyblog-fashion.blogspot.de)

    ReplyDelete