Monday, March 5, 2012

Hollister Nails?

           These last couple of days I have been unmotivated when it came to painting my nails. With over 300 polishes in my stash, no matter how long I sat there and stared at them, none of them were appealing to me! So for the first time in two years, I went two days with naked nails! All I wore was Rimmel base coat on and I actually really liked it. It was a nice break I guess you could say. This morning I woke up, and like a smoker fiends their morning cigarette, I was beyond ready to paint my nails again. Colette (MySimpleLittlePleasures) posted a video a few days ago declaring March a month for her to use her untrieds. So I'm jumping on that bandwagon. That is what I decided to do today. Every manicure this month is going to include atleast one polish that I have yet to wear. This is what I came up with today! Something simple, but pretty and for some reason it reminds me of Hollister.

I bought this bottle of Rimmel white nail polish expecting it to be a normal bottle of polish! Boy was I in for a suprise. You should have seen my face the first time I opened it and went to paint my entire nail! LOL! Although not what I expected, it was a nice suprise! This little striper brush came in handy for this manicure! It's lovely for intricate details and such!


This manicure was pretty basic. The first polish I used was the untried; Finger Paints 'Artist's Azure' which is a lovely shimmery dark blue. I painted my tips with that color. Then I used the Rimmel striper polish and created a white line under the blue. On my accent nail I used China Glaze 'Velvet Bow' and a dotting tool and created a simple heart which I then lined in white with that same Rimmel polish. I sealed in it with Seche Vite and boom! Thats it! Simple right?!


While writting this blog, I happened to glance up and look into my closet, Here is why this manicure oddly reminded me of Hollister. LOL! It's super similar to a Hollister shirt I own! :) Same color scheme any way.


So, that is all. One more polish I can take off my untrieds list! I hope you enjoyed this manicure and I will talk to you in the next post!
-Amanda






3 comments:

  1. what is the name or number of the rimmel polish you used? it seems like it would come in super handy. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #110, and it says "French White Nail Tip Liner". :)

    ReplyDelete